What does a CASA I Full-Year Fellowship Cover?
Each CASA I Fellow will receive the following:
- Roundtrip airfare to Cairo or Amman. Travel is restricted to CASA program dates.
- Paid tuition for all courses.
- A monthly stipend of $650 USD in Cairo or $1050 USD in Amman to help meet living expenses.**
- Some program-related tours and subsidized trips to historical sites in Egypt/Jordan.
The CASA program will handle travel reservations and issue tickets to Fellows, to and from the program. CASA Fellows are responsible for arranging and paying for their housing, meals, and travel over breaks. (Stipends are intended to cover basic living expenses, but may not be enough to cover travel back home over holidays/breaks.)
Each CASA Fellow is expected to pay:
- A non-refundable Program Fee of $1,850 (Consortium rate*) or $2,500 (Non-Consortium rate)
- International Insurance (health/travel - $804 for Amman, $1,041 for Cairo.) **
- Miscellaneous fees and expenses during travel (i.e. visas, travel over holidays, living expenses not covered by the monthly stipend)
Further details are shared once fellows are accepted into the program. We also connect incoming students with a designated Fellow from the previous cohort for advice on finding housing and other basics of living in Cairo or Amman.
*Only applicants affiliated with a CASA Consortium school at the time program fees are due, are eligible for the Consortium rate.
**Figures above are based on the current year, but can possibly change. They are provided only as a guideline; updated information for the coming year will be shared with those who are selected.