The application deadline for the 2017-18 academic year has passed. The Selection Committee decisions will be emailed to applicants the first week of April. For those interested in applying next year, the process will likely be similar, so please review the instructions below to get an idea of the process.
Application Instructions (Please read carefully BEFORE you begin!)
As part of completing the application, you should be prepared to upload or enter the following:
- Transcripts of any universities, colleges, or institutes that you have attended (please use unofficial transcripts if necessary so you can upload them yourself; we only need through Summer 2016; DO NOT MAIL TRANSCRIPTS).
- Proctor information is crucial for your exam logistics to go smoothly in February. Carefully review the details on Identifying a Proctor. Once you have confirmed the proctor that is available at your institution on the set exam dates, enter their Name, Title, Institution, Department, Email, and Phone number into the application. The international exam will occur on February 8, 2017 and the domestic exam will be administered on February 10, 2017. Further instructions on registering for the exam will be posted in December and emailed to those who have already started working on the application.
- Reference Information (Name and Email for 3 references – preferably 1 language professor and 2 professors from other subject areas; you may use non-faculty, but any reference should be able to speak to your academic background.) Once you enter the name and email address, your reference will receive a message with a link to upload their letter of recommendation to the application by the deadline. It is preferred that they upload a personally signed letter on letterhead as a PDF, but they will also have the option to type in their letter (or copy/paste it). The letter may be in Arabic if helpful.
- Statement of Purpose (max. 500 words) Please identify your disciplinary concentration, and explain the centrality of Arabic to your academic and professional career as well as the objectives you hope to fulfill from participation in CASA.
Please make sure to review the following topics before applying:
- Additional Funding *Due to limited funding, we advise you to apply for multiple fellowships that could support your participation in CASA.
- Pay Your Own Way
- Application Fees
Make sure to save your work as you go. The application is designed so that you can easily work on it over time – you can save your work and return to it later. Just make sure to save before returning to the dashboard or closing out. The application has various sections that will not permit you to proceed without fully completing certain fields. Please answer all required questions or the application will be considered INCOMPLETE. To submit your application, all sections must read 100% and you may click the Final Review and Submit button in the upper right corner of the dashboard. If you have any technical issues or concerns while completing the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
After reading the instructions above, please complete your application using the following link. Applications are not considered complete until we have received your application fee and reference letters.
The deadline is January 9, 2017 at 11pm EST.
** Please click here to apply! **